Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 22, 2011

For Fun, Try It :)

Ok, being that my fiance, my mom, my roommate, my grandparents, and basically everyone around me can cook, I'm determined to be awesome at it. I've been watching Iron Chef, Bobby Flay, things like that but they go too fast for me. I decided to go my own way. I absolutely LOVE Macaroni and Cheese so playing with that seemed like a good start. After it was done, I got the approval from John (that means it was awesome)
Check it out :)

First, set your stove to 350
Boil your water and cook the noodles, easy right?
(You're basically done with that, just set them aside when they're finished cooking)

Cheese-
Get a pot, put about a spoon full of butter, chopped up garlic and about 3/4 cup of milk (you may add a little more but the point is to have it creamy, not watery)
Wait until the butter is completely melted, then pour the packet of cheese from the mac and cheese box in.
Add salt, pepper, oregano, basil and parsely.
Then add about 1/2 of alfredo sauce

Hashbrowns-
Fry the hash browns in a skillet (this was slightly difficult for me)

Once all three are finished, pour the noodles, then the cheese sauce, then the hashbrowns into a glass baking dish.
Put in the oven for about 10-12 minutes, you'll see the hashbrowns will be super crispy.

Then, take it out of the oven and take about 1/3 of a white sharp cheddar cheese thing and shred it. Dump it over the dish and get a little shredded cheese from a bag and pour some over the top. Stir and add some bread crumbs
DE-LIC-IOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment